Clare Holland House (ACT Specialist Palliative Care Services) provides specialist palliative care to patients with life-limiting illness through a multidisciplinary approach.
When people spend time in the inpatient unit, they will receive patient centred care and support for their families and friends. Not everyone that spends time in the unit will die here, some will return home to die with the support of the Home Based Team or go on to spend their final time in an Aged Care facility where our NPs/Advanced Practice RNs may assist if required.
The multidisciplinary team works hard to meet family and patient needs and address symptoms across all domains of care. We do not have acute resuscitation facilities and this should be discussed with patients prior to admission. Families and patients are encouraged to ring and arrange a tour of the facility prior to admission.
We are a public facility and provide Specialist Palliative care throughout the ACT regardless of any religious affiliation.
There are 8 arms of the service including:
- Palliative care consultancy to hospitals- Specialist/Registrar and CNC
- Clare Holland House is the site for the 20 bed Inpatient unit,
- Community specialist palliative care service (CSPCS), including
- Specialist Outpatient Clinics
- PEACE team (NPs and advanced practice RNs supporting residents living in residential aged care settings)
- Home based palliative care (HBPC)
All arms of the service are multidisciplinary and include care from our Allied Health Team
- Pastoral Care who support Grief and Bereavement support:
- Psychosocial team providing social work and bereavement care and support
- Pharmacy support from Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
- Speech and Dietician support from Calvary Public Hospital Bruce.
- As well as an extensive Medical team.
A palliative care educator provides in-house education (including the Calvary Bruce Campus) throughout the 8 arms of the service and where possible the ACT region (community engagement).
We provide ongoing placements via ACT Health student placements office for nursing and allied health students.
ACT Specialist Palliative care also hosts and has the ACT Manager of the Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA) program – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Calvary Centre for Palliative Care Research is situated within Clare Holland House.