PEPA supported the placement by connecting the facility to the specialist palliative care team who supported and guided the team to access and use evidenced based palliative care and end-of-life (EoL) care materials and resources to achieve their goals.
Topics for this Reverse PEPA program included:
– Resident needs identification – identifying the life- limiting illness with resident and family,
– Recognising when a resident is deteriorating and acting upon that knowledge with confidence,
– Communication with family members about palliative care and dying and death,
– Care performed at end-of-life (EoL)
– Spiritual care requirements for residents and
– Bereavement expressions experienced by residents, families and carers.