Sarah’s post-placement activity was delivering a tutorial to graduate paramedics who had little, to no understanding about palliative care, and what their role was and how they could assist their palliative patients.
Sarah’s tutorial provided valuable information on the following topics:
- What is palliative care
- Understanding Ambulance Tasmania’s role in palliative care
- What is a life-limiting illness
- Understanding the three illness trajectories
- Understanding the type of people who need palliative care and who can provide care
- How to recognise the last days of life and what symptoms can be managed, and
- What are palliative emergencies.
The tutorial delivered by Sarah provided very valuable and timely information to graduate paramedics.
Photo: Aerial view of Burnie at sunset.