We have done an activity to represent palliative care in aged care, involving staff and residents to illustrate the information gained from 3 day PEPA Aged Care training and to share with other staff members. It includes:
- Aroma therapy
- Pastoral care
- Music therapy
- Pharmacological interventions to keep resident comfortable
- Mouth cares and repositioning
- Palliative trolley got all necessary stuff on it
- Explaining to staff about “How to recognise early signs of deterioration”.
- Arranging case conferences with EPOA’s and family members if noticed any signs of deterioration.
It went well and staff learnt a lot about palliative care management and more confident in dealing with families. PEPA Program at our aged care was very knowledgeable and helpful. The resources provided were very useful.